Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Very Inspiring Blog Award

First off this week, thank you so much to fellow writer and blogger EM Castellan for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blog Award! EM is a very inspiring person herself. She is currently seeking representation for her YA High Fantasy The Last Queen. I’ve had the pleasure of beta reading some of her work and, let me just say, it is good.

Keep an eye on this writer, folks.

Anyway, as part of accepting this award, I need to share seven things about myself. So, without further ado, here I am:

1)    If you’ve followed my blog for a while (or ever read any of my ‘About Me’ page) you’ll know that I was homeschooled and that I grew up on a farm. It’s a life that I wouldn’t trade for anything.


2)    My favorite color is lime green, although I like a lot of colors, and my favorite number is 23. I also like 7 and 15.

3)    I’ve been playing piano since I was really little, starting with lessons from my grandmother when I was 9 years old, and continuing until just a few years ago when I just didn’t have the time to practice any more. I’ve begun playing more again this year and even tried my hand at composing.

4)    As pathetically spell-check dependent that I am, I’m a better speller than I am a cook. And that’s pathetic.  

5)    I always had trouble with writing assignments in school. My teacher (Mom) would give me a word count for an assignment and I’d always come back with way more than what she asked for.

6)    I have a gelding horse named SodaPop that I’ve trained since the day he was born. He is my best bud in the whole world and we go on 20-mile-a-day, three-day trail rides and cattle round ups together in the summer.

7)    All my life, I’ve wanted to be a writer. To some extent, I’m living out that dream through my day job as a newspaper reporter, although someday I’d like to write fiction full time.   

Now, I have the honor of passing on this award to some very inspiring bloggers!

Ashley Clark is one awesomely inspiring writer! I am a huge fan of hers!  

Felicia Tatum deserves this award simply because she keeps going. She just released her first self-published book, The White Aura and is working on the next in the series! Christopher Waltz also just released his first full-length novel – that in itself is inspiring!

Melanie Cronklin has a very inspiring blog with awesome writerly advice that anyone would be wise to pay attention to!

Rebecca Green Gasper inspires me because of her crusade against dating abuse. She’s just such an encouraging person to know!

I also nominate Dyadic Echoes just because Andrew is a great twitter pal and helps keep me motivated at times.

Who are some great bloggers and writers that inspire you? Please feel free to share a link in the comments!

16 comments:

  1. Aw! Thanks, Amanda. :D I think you're pretty awesome too. :D

    Is it bad that I chuckled at #4? ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew! And no, it's not bad - I laugh every time I think of it! Have you read the story about the spell check?

      Delete
  2. Hey girl! Thanks so much for thinking of me :) I DO try to learn as I stumble through the mire that is publishing. I'm glad my blathering helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep blathering away - it is helpful for those of us not there yet! ;)

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much! You rock, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a rock star yourself Chris! So excited about Ivy League too - keep up the good work :)

      Delete
  4. Aw, thanks Amanda! I love these kinds of awards! You're very inspiring as well! :) Can't wait to see what happens next for you in your writing journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! I'm a huge fan of everything I've ever seen of your writing, especially the fun stuff you share at The Writer's Alley :) Very deserving if this award!

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you accepted the award! Thanks for the (very) nice mention :) And your horse sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D You're (very) welcome! Sometime I might tell the story of how my horse got his name.

      Delete
  6. It sounds like you have quite an interesting life! Congrats on the award:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Interesting" is one way to describe it anyway ;)

      And thanks!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations :) Well deserved, you are very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation! Subscribe by email to get updates in your inbox or follow this blog!