Anyway, as part of accepting this award, I need to share seven things about myself. So, without further ado, here I am:
1) If you’ve followed my blog for a while (or ever read any of my ‘About Me’ page) you’ll know that I was homeschooled and that I grew up on a farm. It’s a life that I wouldn’t trade for anything.
2) My favorite color is lime green, although I like a lot of colors, and my favorite number is 23. I also like 7 and 15.
3) I’ve been playing piano since I was really little, starting with lessons from my grandmother when I was 9 years old, and continuing until just a few years ago when I just didn’t have the time to practice any more. I’ve begun playing more again this year and even tried my hand at composing.
4) As pathetically spell-check dependent that I am, I’m a better speller than I am a cook. And that’s pathetic.
5) I always had trouble with writing assignments in school. My teacher (Mom) would give me a word count for an assignment and I’d always come back with way more than what she asked for.
6) I have a gelding horse named SodaPop that I’ve trained since the day he was born. He is my best bud in the whole world and we go on 20-mile-a-day, three-day trail rides and cattle round ups together in the summer.
7) All my life, I’ve wanted to be a writer. To some extent, I’m living out that dream through my day job as a newspaper reporter, although someday I’d like to write fiction full time.
Now, I have the honor of passing on this award to some very inspiring bloggers!
Ashley Clark is one awesomely inspiring writer! I am a huge fan of hers!
Felicia Tatum deserves this award simply because she keeps going. She just released her first self-published book, The White Aura and is working on the next in the series! Christopher Waltz also just released his first full-length novel – that in itself is inspiring!
Melanie Cronklin has a very inspiring blog with awesome writerly advice that anyone would be wise to pay attention to!
Rebecca Green Gasper inspires me because of her crusade against dating abuse. She’s just such an encouraging person to know!
I also nominate Dyadic Echoes just because Andrew is a great twitter pal and helps keep me motivated at times.
Who are some great bloggers and writers that inspire you? Please feel free to share a link in the comments!