Thursday, November 12, 2015

He’s A Keeper

Storytelling is often the waging of a war within a writer's head and it's a battle not too many others get. Allow me to share a quick story with you from the writing trenches that my fellow writers out there will hopefully get a laugh from. 

This is the first November that I’ve ever had a significant other. I know, I know; I can hear the cries of the characters from WeTangent's No Dating During NaNo [NaNoMusical E3/6]

Anyway, before meeting me, my boyfriend claims he had never heard of NaNoWriMo. And while he has been really supportive of his crazy girlfriend in my quest for 50,000 words, something he said the other night made me question how truthful he’s been with me about the traditions of November.

He said something along the lines of, “I was thinking, if you needed to boost your word count, couldn’t you just introduce a new character, describe him in great detail and then kill him off on the next page?”

And he swears he’s never heard of National Novel Writing Month before.


Yes, I’m in love.

What does your NaNoWriMo support system look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation! Subscribe by email to get updates in your inbox or follow this blog!