Wednesday, August 5, 2009

God's Got a Point

One day, a doctor of medicine was complaining to the Lord - although, he didn't think God was listening - and was going on and on about how terrible the world is turning out and all the bad things that God seems to be just letting happen.

"God," he said. "Why haven't you sent us people who have the knowledge to heal the sick? I mean, people who can find a cure for cancer and the like? And if you don't send someone, why haven't you come down and stepped into this country and fixed all our problems?"

Absentmindedly, the doctor goes back about his business, almost forgetting the words as soon as he's spoken them. Just then, however, God chooses to speak out to the man.

"I have," He says.

The doctor jumps and looks around to see where the voice had come from and then realize it was God.

"What?" he asks in confusion.

"I have sent people to you who hold the secret to the cures for cancer and the problems of this world," God explains. "But you had them aborted. I have done all that you've asked of me."

"What!?!" the doctor asks in disbelief. After thinking it through a moment, he agrees with God and says, "okay, you got me on that one, but you've not done everything I've asked. You haven't come down here, off your heavenly throne, to get your hands dirty and fix this country!"

God sort of chuckles and says, "You and your fellow country men have asked me to step out of this country, by taking me out of schools, trying to take my name out of the pledge, and off your money. You have asked me to stay out of it, so I have."

...kind of makes you think, doesn't it?
________________________________________________________________________
*Jeremiah 5:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation! Subscribe by email to get updates in your inbox or follow this blog!