Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Chat Pack Challenge 18 – What is Dull?

Today’s question: What do you think is the dullest topic to discuss?

What is dull to you?

I’m breaking it down today, going honest Abe on you all. That means no short story in this post and just straight up truth speaking from my lips—er, finger tips.

The answer of today’s question of the day is from the real me.

And the answer to what I think is the dullest topic to discuss is...

Actually, I don’t have a real answer for this one.

I literally spent two hours just thinking on this question and trying to decide what I truly think is the dullest thing in the world to discuss and after that time I could think of nothing I detested discussing.

See, I’m somewhat of an eclectic spirit and talking in extension on various subjects is something I enjoy.

Maybe I just enjoy talking.

Religion, politics, weather, economics, education, music, movies, literature, fashion, whatever and I’m typically game. If there’s anything I don’t like to discuss, it’s typically not so much that I don’t like talking about it as the fact that I’m not very well educated in the subject area that I feel I have nothing to add.

One of those areas is sports. I’m not a huge sports fan, but I try to follow local high school sports and support the hometown.

Maybe all this stems from the fact that my real life job as a journalist requires me to be open to talking about such a wide assortment of topics. Could also do with the fact that I was homeschooled and when I was growing up I always thought I was missing out on something by not going to public school. So I was always very open to hearing about new topics and discussing things, dissecting subjects so no one could say my parents made a wrong choice in keeping me out of the public school system.

But ultimately, whatever the topic is, I don’t mind just as long as the person I’m talking to is willing to have an open mind and willingness to listen to my opinions too. It’s no fun when a conversation suddenly turns into a chest-thumping contest where the other person is just out to prove you wrong.

So how about you? What is the dullest topic that you hate to discuss?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation! Subscribe by email to get updates in your inbox or follow this blog!